Village: Pauillac, Bordeaux
Jean-François de Pontet had made a name for himself at the court in Versailles, where he had held the position of Grand Ecuyer (Master of the Horse) to Louis XV. Upon his return to Guyenne, he became Governor of the Médoc. In 1705, he purchased a few acres of land to the north of the village of Pauillac, which he turned into a vineyard.
The wine has a great depth of color and a fresh, incredibly pure nose that pleasantly combines minerality, fruit aromas, and floral notes. Energetic and with fabulous substance, it displays consummate balance on the palate, with a magical radiance and a taffeta mouthfeel. Fruit, tannins, and acidity all combine harmoniously. The magical encounter of great terroir and biodynamics. A new masterpiece!
ABV: Depending on vintage | Bottle Size: 750ml